Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County I & II
Commack (631) 486-6364
Medford (631) 320-0880
Consuming a healthy diet not only plays an important role in your child's overall health, but their oral health as well! A healthy, balanced diet is one of the best ways to keep their teeth and bodies happy and healthy day in and day out.
Below are a few tips
to keep in mind when choosing what to feed your children.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that a healthy diet should consist of fruits, vegetables, grains, dary and lean proteins.
- Fruits and vegetables should make up half of what your children eat every day. Crunchy vegetables and juicy fruits are filled with vitamins and nutrients that are good for the mind, body, and teeth!
- Grains are another integral part in a balanced diet. Try to add whole grains, such as oatmeal, whole wheat bread and brown rice into your child's daily diet.
- Don't forget about dairy! Not only is dairy good for your little ones bones, but it does the mouth good! Milk, yogurt and cheese are a few good options to mix into their daily eating routine.
- Protein choices should be lean options such as lean beef, skinless poultry and fish. Eggs, beans, peas and legumes are good choices as well.
Did you know February is National Children's Dental Health Month
? Help us celebrate by teaching your children the importance of eating a healthy diet! Also, be sure they're brushing for two minutes, two times a day and visiting the pediatric dentist regularly!
Should you have any questions about your child's oral health, give us a call at either our Commack or Medford office lcations or visit www.supermolar.com
Labels: Commack, Medford, Nutrition, Oral Health, Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County I and II, Suffolk County Pediatric Dentist