Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County I & II
Commack (631) 486-6364
Medford (631) 320-0880
Now that school is back in session for your children, so are
many of the fall activities that they all enjoy. Does your child play an after
school sport? Do they enjoy playing on the swings? Even if they are simply running around with
friends, there is always a risk of chipping, breaking or knocking out a tooth.
Here are some tips to deal with a chipped, broken, or
knocked out tooth:
- If your child is suffering in pain from a chipped, broken,
or knocked out tooth visit a dentist immediately.
- Give your child an over-the-counter pain reliever such as
Advil or Tylenol to help reduce the pain.
- Try your best to find and keep any part of the tooth that
has broken or chipped. Bring it with you when you visit the dentist.
- If the tooth is completely knocked out do not wipe or try to
clean the tooth. Handle it as little as
- Until you get to the dentist, store the tooth in water or
For more information about dealing with a chipped, broken or
knocked out tooth, or to schedule an appointment with us, contact us today. You can also visit us online at www.supermolar.com.
Labels: Best Pediatric Dentist Long Island, Commack Dentist, Long Island Pediatric Dentist, Medford Pediatric Dentist