Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County I & II
Commack (631) 486-6364
Medford (631) 320-0880
Valentine's Day is quickly approaching! It's never too late to round up your little sweethearts and make a quick and easy lollipop cookie treat. This simple, fun, and creative lollipop cookie is a great way to spread the love with your family!
Please click on the link provided to view the recipe: http://goo.gl/Eo0GZ6
Just in case your children decide to indulge in valentines candies and treats this year, here are a few healthy tips to help keep their teeth clean and mouth healthy!
- Since saliva helps was away sugars and acids, the best time to eat valentines candy is right after a meal.
- Limit the amount of candy and number of times your child consumes it throughout the day. Try providing other snacking alternatives such as cheese or almonds.
- Water will help wash away some of the sugars and acids. Be sure your children are drinking lots of water throughout the day.
- Sticky treats are always the hardest to brush away. Try and encourage them to brush shortly after consuming a sticky treat or try to avoid it completely.
- Be sure brushing and flossing happens right before bedtime to rid your little ones mouth of all of the sugary Valentines Day remains!
Labels: Best Pediatric Dental Practice on Long Island, Commack Pediatric Dentist, Medford Pediatric Dentist, Pediatric Dentist Suffolk County, Valentines Day, Valentines Day Recipe